Our Progress

Friday, June 12, 2015

Day 6: A Glimmer Of Hope

So, short update today. We screwed around with the bike and basically hung around trying to rest up my knee. We did a short test ride, but it was immediately evident that I was not ready to get back on the bike. We figure it's a minor sprain of some sort, since it's getting better gradually.

We reached out to a bike shop based in New Hampshire (High Intensity Bicycles) who work on/make custom bikes, asking advice on our seat post issue. Tommy, the owner, got back to us very quickly, offering a plethora of advice, following up with further info based on his research through different bike forums. Thanks to his help, we think we've got a viable solution to get our seatpost finally removed AND adjusted.

FINGERS CROSSED

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have success with that and the post is adjustable again. I was thinking... Bike shops have just the pedal for sale as a replacement part right? You could duct tape a new pedal on instead of a can of tuna fish and then still have the traction (bumpy edges of the pedal) so your foot doesn't slip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for having duct tape along, btw!

    ReplyDelete